**Thailand Retreat - Part 3 **

Chiang Mai, a place that I've been hearing ever since. Finally, I set foot into this land that I have heard so much about.

After a 14 hours train ride, greeted by the beautiful sunrise. For the first time after a long time, I can finally feel myself again. Despite people walking up and down the aisle, I greeted the couple morning and next thing you know. Captain came of the cabin came and make the bed for us and put the seats back together. Bought a coffee and sipping it. Not the best coffee but definitely enough for me to last for a while before hitting the hotel. Slowly the train arrived at the station, seeing the name Chiang Mai on the signboard at the railway station. I have arrived at my destination. After saying goodbye, I walked out of the station and hopped on a red tuk tuk head off to my hotel.

This is a very peaceful place because it is so quiet on a Monday morning. No traffic and not to mention quite as well. I've chosen to stay in this hotel named Arch 39, recommended by a friend of mine. Took almost a 15 minutes ride, I've reached the hotel. Greeted warmly by the receptionist. She told me that my room has yet to be ready. However, I may choose another room which is the same in another block of the building. What cringe-worthy is, this is a 4 story high building and they do not have an elevator. The only way up is by the staircase.  I can't imagine anybody older than me would have to carry their luggage and walk up that staircase. Well, I can't really sleep on the train cause it's rather shaky. To be honest, all I have in my mind was to have a shower and a proper bed to jump into. So I asked for a quiet room, and there you have it, I changed my room. Carried my not so light luggage and climbed up like a boss. By the time I checked into my room it is already 8am. Dropped my friend a message, my mom a voice message, showered and changed,  and I dived into my bed.

After a great power nap, my stomach is having his own rave party and I can feel the drum roll from inner to the outer layer of my belly. At this utterly awkward hour, I surfed my most trusted Youtube channel. So found this amazing Khao Sai Mae Soy located near my stay...WELL SUPPOSEDLY but that was never the case... how funny is that... I walked for 20 minutes just to locate the legendary stall... and Thank God it was really good... it did not fail me... please imagine me tearing with a glow behind me and singing angels celebrating the moment...


It is somewhat like a Wan Tan Noodle with Northern Thai made Curry soup base. Top with fried noodles and garnish with cilantro, pickled vegetables, shallots, and lime. Rich flavored soup with a mixture of the texture of various food is truly a mouth of heaven.

After my not so lunch meal, people start pouring in to hide away from the crazy hot weather. So a kind person like myself decided to kiss my comfortable space goodbye and continue my expedition in Chiang Mai. I walked out the stall thinking if I should walk back or Grab car my way home. while doing so I came across this little roadside stall. Selling local pancake/crepe looking dessert. I can see red and yellow coconut floss and the look is mouth-watering. So I walked up and thinking just to get one and asked for the price. it was just 20 baht for 6 pieces! 20 baht is like RM2 and I was like, "are you kidding me mate?"

After getting 2 different colors of the crepe, I decided not to torcher myself beneath this hot sun and grab my way back to my hotel. Instead of my hotel, I decided to stop by the mall that is near to my hotel;. Which happens to be the biggest mall in this neighborhood. Well I must say, it is considered quite complete. I wrap up my lazy afternoon with a good foot massage and a nap before i head off for dinner with my little surprise guests.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

**ものがたり **

**JoGoya 2nd Time in This yeaR**

** 练习 **