**Thailand Retreat - Part 2 **

Chiang Mai is the second place that I have visited during my Thailand retreat...

I've learned that there is a train going up to Chiang Mai, having friends that will be traveling there as well, they gave me a purpose to be there... hence it opens me up to try the train... and the experience was amazing... for this train ride I choose 2 different types of seating for my round trip... shared cabin on the way up and private cube when coming back down to Bangkok... I was lucky enough that I ACTUALLY have all the space to myself for both ways... and this is freakishly amazing...

I bought my ticket through 123go Asia, and the experience was pleasant... I did not do much of reading for the attached T&C because it should be about the same... and a day before my trip to Chiang Mai... I decided to visit this bar + dining place located in Chinatown called WallFlower. They split into 2 different shops. One is a bar & dining comes with a live band, whereby the other one is a cafe and I must say. The place is freakishly beautiful and the atmosphere is out of the world.  It is a very old shop unit that turns into one of the most hipsterish hangout places with 2 very distinguishes ambient, because of the flow of the building and also the setting of the dining spaces. you can tell which one is more of a cafe and which is the other.

I took a GRAB car service over to the said place, and I bump into a friendly Thai Uncle Driver. We chat and so on, sharing my experience here and also my upcoming trip to Chiang Mai. Due to his past experience, he reminded me to be extra careful with my belongings because there might be some thieves you wouldn't know. I've got really paranoid and worry the guts out of me and having imagery in my mind of me losing my belongings and whats not. I was so worried, that it reflects on my face. Uncle gently calms me down, saying that just be careful that all. You will be fine, he added.

After bidding goodbye, I walked towards the place and knowing the cafe closes at the time upon my arrival, but it doesn't matter because my true destination is the bar & dining. However, I ran into the cafe instead and walked up to the top floor where the cafe bar is located. The baristas greeted me and they sort of a mind reader and asked me if I was looking for the bar & dining. I smiled and replied then he said it is next door. Along with my down, I tried to memorize all the detail and scenic interior of the place as much as I can. As I do not wish to miss out anything, anything at all. The rumbled wall, half torn tiles, rustic attic, and good old handrail. Some decorations pieces that give you a very strong shoutout of Thailand vibe.

I moved to the restaurant, and the kitchen is basically downstairs. The waitress who stood in front of the shop led me into this empty ground floor dining hall. I knew I was early. Actually, that is not the case. Coincidentally, during my travel period. It was the great Buddha day, where Thailand is the Buddism country. All sorts of beer and liquor shall not be served that day. Due to respect to the Buddha's Birthday.

I was seated at the top floor, overlooking the Chinatown. Though it is not a tall building, a merely 4 story high building. However, sitting right in the middle of the neighborhood. I was given the opportunity to see and enjoy sunsets and the coral painted night sky before the full moon and starry night steps into my eyesight. I enjoyed my mocktail and a plate of Spaghetti with scenic town views.

After my meal, I took out my phone and start browsing through the T&C for this train ride of my life. For the first time in my life, that 5 to 6 pages of T&C is the best by far I had read. Never a single dull moment in these Terms & Conditions. I felt like I was having a very interesting conversation with a friend. Don't ask me how just try yourself and you will be amazed. Despite all the reading, I know that this is a risk I need to take and a leap of faith I have to endure. * I know it sounded dramatic, but trust me, for someone that hardly flying solo. This is quite bizarre.*

Well, what do you know? The trip came out amazing.

Comfortable and clean sleeping area. Friendly captain and staff, and I made friends with a couple traveled from Canada. Well well... I must say... I am definitely the lucky one

I traveled up in a shared cabin, which is 2 pax per segment. So if you travel alone, you are exposed to the possibility of sharing that segment together. However, I am in luck cause I have that entire segment to myself. YEAH!

I bought the lower berth, therefore I have the window view all to myself. I look out the window before leaving the amazing Hua Lamphong Station right before sunsets. When we leave the station, I the changes in the scene from a crowded city moving towards slum. The drastic gap among the living standard of this country. Worries me, but at the same time. It teaches me to have absolute gratitude to whatever I have in my hand or ever bless. Not everyone shares that kind of luck. Slowly, we leave the station and lesser buildings I see. More wilderness comes into the scene.

Passing 1 town to another, I have never seen these names before nor heard of. However, they do exist and they are running and living concurrently as I am breathing. At this particular moment, I listen to the songs in my Spotify playlist. For the first time, everything seems so quiet. The passengers are soundly asleep. Despite it is just 9pm local time.

I dare not to sleep, because I would like to stay up as long as possible so that I can remember as much as I can. I took out my phone and scrolled to the album that used to contain all the pictures of him and me. I removed them 1 by 1 as if I'm saying goodbye to all those moments we used to have. Well, I am not throwing them away for sure. I just render these moments from being special to be normal. Just because whatever happened between us were just a dream...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

**ものがたり **

** 练习 **

**another Level of your...岁月`**